Using social media to promote your content is one of the best ways to generate traffic to your blog. But the problem most bloggers face is, how can you convince your followers to find time to read your content? And once you discover ways to do just that, you wouldn’t want them directed to content that speaks of nothing but nonsense.
As well, when attempting to share your content via social media, confusing readers is not the best way to go. You must develop a social media marketing plan that’s clear and concise.
Before we dive deeper into social media, it’s best to know that creating solid and engaging articles is the only surefire way to boost engagement with your followers.
With that out of the way, here are some social media tips that can help:
#1. Know who your Facebook fan page audience is
- Understand which topics your audience are likely to interact with you.
- Make your introduction interesting. The description should be brief but delivers a clear message.
- Engage with your followers by answering their questions.
- Before writing a blog post, allot at least 15 to 30 minutes of your time going through some old posts with comments.
- Ensure that your site is updated. Depending on the niche you’re in, try to post 2 to 3 articles per day, if possible. If not, posting at least once a week to keep your site fresh should be enough. Add some relevant photos to your articles as well.
#2. Use StumbleUpon
- StumbleUpon is another way to get organic traffic to your website. About 30% of my own blog’s traffic comes from StumbleUpon.
- Maintain a good relationship with other StumbleUpon users. Share quality content from other sites, not just yours, so they don’t readily ignore what you share.
- If your audience likes your content, they will likely stay and browse your other posts.
#3. Use Twitter, and don’t forget the hashtags
- Twitter is a great way to drive traffic to your site, if properly used. Knowing how to tell a story in 140 characters or less can go a long way.
- When using Twitter, include trending hashtags that are relevant to your content. Remember to keep things simple, and don’t confuse your followers.
- Follow a brand that is related to your niche that you think will find your content interesting. Start building a relationship with that brand as this might spread awareness for your brand as well.
And lastly …
Make it a habit to constantly check Google Analytics to know where your traffic is coming from. To know the referring social media platforms, go to Traffic Source > Social > Network Referral. This should show you the traffic you get from social media and also the links that bring you the most traffic.
Latest posts by Reymund (see all)
- 3 Social Media Tips That Can Boost Traffic to Your Site - June 3, 2013
These are very useful tips to increase traffic. I think comment on other sites & guest posting are also good way to increase traffic
Ahsan recently posted…Learn IELTS From IELTS Skills Android Apps
Maricel Rivera says
Right on you are, Ahsan. Although guest posting may not bring traffic to your site right off the bat. It’s good for long-term SEO and traffic, especially if you’re guest posting on authority sites.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Maricel Rivera recently posted…Speed Writing Is Not Rocket Science, Or Is It?