If you are a mother, there are a ton of things you have to consider, as it is no longer just you that you have to take care of but also your children.
Growing up and up to now, I have this perception that a mother prepares her child’s day and tries to make it perfect down to the minutest detail via effective multitasking and creating relevant time schedules for her family. If her child is young and still nursing, she must take care of her body so that her child and herself properly take advantage of the innate wonders of breastfeeding.
A career mom must create a working schedule for her family that ensures she has time for everyone despite her fast-paced lifestyle. Various psychological and physical factors come into play in this scenario. A mother should constantly re-educate herself on the rudiments of keeping and staying fit for her children’s and her own well-being.
Avoiding obesity in moms
Post-partum, generally speaking, a mother’s body and mind are still reeling over her recent childbirth. More often than not, she is likely to retain the pounds she had recently and easily gained since the gestation period.
Still, it should be noted that it’s not a good thing to be obese and a mother. You should know the healthy body image to project to your children. No matter how you see yourself, you are their model and you directly influence them by serving as an example.
If you are a career mom, the following are some tips to avoiding obesity:
- Plan your lifestyle to include and possibly incorporate your motherhood into your fitness regimen. Avoiding obesity in moms is oftentimes a difficult thing to tackle, but following a regimen that incorporates your children’s well-being may actually be the trick you need.
- Keep a list. This could be mental list. Master the subtle art of mental calisthenics. This could be good for you and your overall well-being.
- One of the time-tested tricks in the book to avoiding obesity while being a career mom is through discipline. Since you are also a mother, you should think of the various creative ways to include your children in maintaining your figure. Think of what they eat, and how you could share in the ritual.
- Take small, definite steps towards your goal. Try to achieve your targeted goals on time.
While implementing these tips, you must always remember that you are first and foremost a career mother who should be healthy. To ward off obesity, you must not forget the dual roles you play: being a career woman and a mother. Despite the proliferation of various obesity treatments nowadays, living healthy is still the best path to take.
Archie de Lara
Latest posts by Archie de Lara (see all)
- Increase your Mom Blog Income Through Affiliate Programs - April 19, 2013
- Avoiding Obesity in Moms - February 11, 2013
- Awesome Photo Calendars Worth Keeping - November 7, 2012